What personal information do we collect from the people who use our services?When you register for services on simplifile.com, you may be asked for your name, business name, email address, physical mailing address, phone number, financial transaction information for governmental fees and fees for our services, or other details that can help us assist you.
When do we collect information?We collect information when you register on our site, talk to one of our representatives, or fill out a form. We also collect information when you perform such activities as signing up for our newsletter, responding to a survey or marketing communication, surfing the simplifile.com website, or using certain other site features.
How do we use this information?We may use your PII in the following ways:
- To verify and authenticate you to your simplifile.com account.
- To personalize your user experience and to deliver the type of content and product offerings for which you are most interested.
- To help you better when responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
- To send periodic emails regarding your account or other products and services.
- To provide the services we offer that require the exchange of PII or NPI (non-public personal information) inherent to eRecording documents, loan collaboration, and post-closing services.
How do we protect the information we collect?We protect your PII in the following ways:
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes, known vulnerabilities, and malware (software designed to interfere with the normal functions of a computer or computer system). This helps make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- Your personal information is saved on secure networks and is accessible only to a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and who are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive information you supply via the Simplifile website is encrypted both on disk and via Secure Socket Layer (SSL/TLS) technology in communication.
- We implement a variety of security measures when you enter, submit, or access your information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- To help us verify your authentication or active session on our website and services.
- To help us understand your preferences based on previous or current site activity. This allows us to provide you with improved services.
- To help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so we can offer better site experiences and tools.
- Most browsers let you change your cookie settings. Typically, this can be modified in the Options or Preferences section of your browser. If needed, check your browser's Help menu to find out how to change your cookie settings.
When do we disclose information to third parties?We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your PII to outside parties except when doing so is necessary for us to perform the services we contract to do for you. Such as, we may share information with third parties who help us operate our website, conduct business, or offer you services, as long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information to comply with the law; enforce our site policies; or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
Simplifile protects and recognizes data provided to the submitter to be only shared with the submitter and the submission county, as required to support a recording submission. However, recorded data would become public domain once it is published by a county, and subsequently would be of public record. At that time, Simplifile can share public recorded data with any organization it deems necessary.
Non-personal identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Third party linksWe do not include or offer third party products or services on our website.
You can use the Google Analytics Opt Out browser add-on to opt out of participating in this statistic gathering.
COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act)We do not specifically market to children under 13.
What if there’s a data breach?In alignment with fair information practices, if a data breach occurs, we will notify you via email, as well as on our website, within seven (7) business days of our identifying the breach.
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN-SPAM ActThe CAN-SPAM Act sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address so that we can send you information and respond to your inquiries and/or other requests or questions.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM, we agree to the following:
- We will not use false or misleading header information, email subjects, or email addresses.
- We will identify a reasonable way advertisements are sent as email.
- We will include the physical address of our business or site headquarters in our emails.
- We will monitor third party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- We will include a link at the bottom of each email that lets you opt out of receiving email from us.
- You can also contact us to unsubscribe from any and all email correspondence.
- We will honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests within three (3) business days.
How do I contact you?website:
At the bottom of the page under About, click Contact Us
To submit a form requesting information, click Request Demo at the top of the page
posted mail address:
5072 North 300 West
Provo, UT 84604 USA